Summer holiday has officially started!!
I really needed this type of break as I was on the verge of drowning in my finals. To see that all that hard work is actually worth for something in the end, e.g. my GPA *grins*, will help me pass this summer in serenity - at least that’s what I’m hoping for now. *sighs* OK, I guess this can be considered as a nice introduction part before getting to the main point.
It might sound strange but nowadays I feel as though I’m someone else who sits, watches the real me from outside & just amazes at what I’ve achieved. Have you ever felt like this before? If you had, I’d be glad to imagine that the chance of thinking that I might have lost my mind is very slim, on the contrary… I’d lose you even before you get this part. Anyway, I wasn’t really sure why I kept feeling like this until one of my friends came up with an idea & related it to the lack of some things. She told me this happens to her, too, especially at those times when she feels unsure, lacks of motivation/confidence at the beginning of one of the herculean tasks, which perfectly describes me a couple of weeks ago, & finally ends up accomplishing that task much more efficiently than she’d planned before.
The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me & how funny to realise what we’re capable of doing sometimes becomes so unbelievable that we just try to convince ourselves that someone else actually has done it for us. This is just beyond strange. Well, If exclude all of these parts above, my summer holiday is going very well for now :) My new running schedule at seaside with my mother, the freedom to read any novel that I want & my friends… Ahh, that’s what holidays must be for.
And here some of my favourite things…
- Ten Weird Greeting Cards We’ll Need in the Future: A brilliant idea that made me smile until #4, sad but true.
- If you have time, I suggest that you should check Steven Kraan’s page! I really love the way how he mixes his good sense of humour with his drawings! My favourite ones; 1, 2 & 3 ;)
- This one is a bit old but can you imagine the most colourful room in the world? Yayoi Kusama made it real for you; The Obliteration Room! & the photos.
- I happened to find Steinbeck’s letter & thought it would be a good idea to share it here. Don’t we need to be reminded of these sweet things, sometimes?
- This point for the videos that I loved watching this week! The first one is an animation which was also supported by Mtv: Homeless. The other one is an artist that I came across on Twitter. I like her thoughts on love - kinda funny & she also makes music vids. The last one is… -No spoiler- ★ :)
- I love the moment when I discover a new artist & slowly getting absorbed into his/her world. This week, there were two songs kept playing in my head & one of them is ‘Bout You by Rainy Milo! Her voice, the lyrics, the melody.. so beautiful & I’m definitely looking forward to hearing more from her!
I’m not going to wish you a/n beautiful/amazing/fantastic week this time.
All I’m wishing is a week full of ICE CREAM! Greedy? Maybe.
But.. Isn’t it S U M M E R after all?